Thursday, September 20, 2007

*CRUNCH!!*

so i love hamburgers typically. well, i did until i read fast food nation. then i kind of thought i could do without them. but not Whataburgers. NEVER Whataburgers! but occasionally i get a craving and i indulge.

so the last few times i've eaten at Whataburger, i am enjoying the deliciousness when *CRUNCH* - i bite on a piece of BONE. i mean, EWWWWW. but i remember, this is an animal i'm eating, and it once had bones. yet i still hope everytime i get a craving that it doesn't happen again.

so today, after giving blood, i went to enjoy a "hearty meal" at cafe express...a hamburger to be exact. and guess what? *CRUNCH*!!

i couldn't finish my burger. am i cursed? is someone trying to tell me something? cuz this is really cramping my style. i mean, i can give up the occasional burger now and again (i pretty much already have). but WHATABURGERS?!?! no me digas!!


for being non-reliable in the boneless department, Hamburger Meat (and probably the beef industry and carnivores by association) get a THUMBS DOWN!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Ew. This has never happended to me, and until it does, I'm going to continue eating red meat. But I could see how multiple encounters with bone would cause a person to reevaluate their position.

Megan said...

I, unfortunately, can relate. I had a hamburger tonight and couldn't finish it after looking at it a little too closely. Plus we were talking about a new ruling against a horse-slaughter farm in Illinois. They can no longer kill horses to sell as horse meat overseas. Yuck.
BTW, it was great meeting you in August!